Monday, November 16, 2015

How to Draw Faster and Meet Deadlines - Narrated by Robert Marzullo


This video is about how to study your  art work and the time it takes to produce it.  Before I started working professionally in Storyboards I had the wrong idea about producing my art.  I often times didn't care how much a certain piece took to create because I wanted it to be my very best.  Unfortunately that doesn't cut it in the work of commercial art.  Speed is everything.  Deadlines are tight and you must combine quality with quick production if you want to remain in that game.  So this is just a quick run through of some exercises you can try to speed up your work.  It is mainly a mental conditioning.  You will naturally get faster over time from practice but you may not acknowledge that some areas in your work are taking too much time when they can be simplified.  

Good luck with your art and I hope you find this video helpful.  Feel free to share and reblog!

Thanks for watching!

Robert A. Marzullo
Ram Studios Comics

No comments:

Post a Comment