Thursday, October 1, 2015

How to Draw Comics - Tips and Tricks 002 - Better Thumbnails


Here are a couple quick tips and tricks for creating better comics.  Mainly for creating better thumbnails which leads to better overall renderings.  By keeping your rough sketches loose you avoid cramping your creative process.  Remember to get the ideas down fast and avoid detailing at this stage.  I show you in this video how I make the workspace very small to avoid tightening up too soon on the artwork.  I also recommend drawing 10 to 20 thumbnails before going to the next stage of your art piece.

If you have any questions about this process then feel free to comment on my Youtube channel.  I do my best to answer each and every question.  I also take video requests when I can.

Thanks for watching and more on the way very soon!

Robert A. Marzullo
Ram Studios Comics

No comments:

Post a Comment