Saturday, September 24, 2016

Teaching Art Lessons Online with Udemy and Gumroad - My Thoughts on This Experience


As you may or may not know, I am a Storyboard and Comic Book illustrator. I enjoy creating images for nearly anything I can get my hands on. I recently needed to fill some gaps in my work schedule so I started teaching online. I started with lots and lots of Youtube videos and got my feet wet in the process. After some time doing that I was approached by Tuts Plus by Envato to start recording video lessons in Sketchbook Pro and Photoshop. Then after that ran it course and I started to feel the need to keep going I looked around for other platforms. I now teach on Udemy and launched my own lessons on Gumroad. You can view my page here - http://www.gumroad.com/robertmarzullo
I now have lessons on How to Improve Your Figure Drawing - How to Digitally Paint in Manga Studio 5 and so on. I even make custom brushes to help other artists create their work. It has been an extremely rewarding process and I am excited for what the future will bring. I am always an artist first and a teacher second but it does come with the added benefit of helping my fellow artists grow their skills. Which feels pretty cool!
If you prefer Udemy then you can get my courses here -
Use this offer code to get 25% Off my Figure Drawing Course -
Use this offer code to get 25% Off my Creating Comic Book Faces Course -
I just wanted to share this in case you are someone that is thinking about how to fill up your own schedule and create other sources of income. Teaching online is a great way to do that and helps you to further grow your audience and establish yourself as a professional in the industry. And you get to work in your pajamas, so that is pretty nice also! ;)
I am working on a new course now so if you like them there are more on the way! And let me also say that when you purchase any of my digital products I am here to help and to listen.  If you experience any problems or have questions then feel free to reach out and I will do my very best to help.  I also like to get feedback so that I can continually improve my lessons.  Thank you for stopping by and good luck with your art journey.


Robert A. Marzullo
Ram Studios Comics

No comments:

Post a Comment