Thursday, April 14, 2016

Drawing and Painting a P.E.K.K.A. Character from Clash of Clans


So here is my next quick study.  A P.E.K.KA. character from Clash of Clans.  Been playing this game way too much but I like the character designs and wanted to do this quick challenge.  So my goal here is the paint this character to look as nice as the 3D renders that you see online for the game advertisements but with my own pose created by studying other shots.  To me this is a great exercise because it teaches you to look at the subject matter and then make your own version.  Plus it can be tricky getting all those little details painted in that you see in a 3D creation. 

So it all starts here.  The basic line art to get the ball rolling.  I do this to get major shapes in place before I paint.  Sometimes I get the line work pretty close and other times I just have to make sizable changes as I work through the painting.  This is all being done in Manga Studio 5 with a Wacom Cintiq 22.  I will put out an update after the painting is done so let me know if I nailed it or I just need to try again and again and again. 

Thanks for viewing and more on the way real soon!

Robert A. Marzullo
Ram Studios Comics

To support this channel and the Blackstone comic please visit my Patreon Page at :


To Get my FREE brushes and other Digital Content visit here :



No comments:

Post a Comment