Saturday, April 16, 2016

My Orgrim Painting was Featured on #FanArtFriday by World of Warcraft!


Got some pretty exciting news a few days ago.  ( Well exciting for me anyways! )  I got a message from one of the team members at Blizzard Entertainment, the guys that create World of Warcraft and they asked me if I would like to have my painting featured on #FanArtFriday?  I was like, "Hell Yeah I would!"  Well,  I didn't say that because I try to maintain a certain degree of professionalism with my art career.  So I simply said, "Cool!"  And a few days later the post was up.  Not sure if this really means anything to the grand scheme of things but it still gives me great pride to know that my work is being seen and that I would be asked by a creative team like theirs to showcase my work.  

I am honored and I just wanted to take the time to let other artist know that if you are trying to make a name for yourself I really recommend Fan Art!  I have read so many mixed reviews on this topic.  A lot of people frown upon the art form and claim that artist that do it are not original enough.  I strongly disagree.  If you study a movie,comic, or game character that you like and paint them in your own style you are simply showing your vision of that character.  Think of it like this, if you were to paint a portrait of your neighbors dog no one would say man you cheated because you looked at that darn dog.  But because people are so into a certain character or game or whatever, they take it more personal.  It is also the reason that the fan art gets so much more attention.  They can identify with the character on a more personal level.  And it shows your skill set as an artist if you can create that character in a way that they immediately recognize them and create a response.

So I say go for it!  Create all the fan art you want and get your talent out there.  It is nice to see companies like Blizzard rewarding their fans for creating and ultimately promoting their characters.
So my hats off to the World of Warcraft team!

You can see their #FanArtFriday here

Thanks for reading and more on the way real soon!

Robert A. Marzullo
Ram Studios Comics

You can also watch a speed painting of this on my Youtube channel to see how it was produced in Manga Studio 5 :


Please visit my Patreon to Support my Art and get access to additional content only available here:

No comments:

Post a Comment