Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Practicing the Andrew Loomis Method for Drawing Heads


Just some practice using the Andrew Loomis method for drawing heads at various angles.  I like the fundamental knowledge of this approach.  Not sure if I will adopt it entirely but there are some advantages to laying out the head in this fashion.  I really like the accuracy it gives you for angled perspectives.  If you are struggling to get your heads drawn consistently then learn this method.  I still need to get his book and study it in more detail but hopefully this will get you started.  I have learned this technique from other art professionals so it comes highly recommended.  You can watch a video where I demonstrate this method here on my Youtube channel : https://youtu.be/itaW_sUprho

You can get a copy of the book by Andrew Loomis here at Amazon : http://amzn.to/1MIH1pp

Thanks for stopping by and more on the way real soon! :)

Robert A. Marzullo
Ram Studios Comics
www.robertmarzullo.com

To get my FREE brushes and other digital content please visit my Gumroad page :





No comments:

Post a Comment