Thursday, August 20, 2015

Deadpool Sketch by Robert Marzullo...


Here is a sketch I did a couple of years back at a comic con.  Figured I would share this one here and let everyone know I am going to start doing more traditional art again.  Don't get me wrong, I love digital for my production work but every now and then I get pulled back to traditional art.  Not only because it is where I started and it will always have a special place in my heart and soul but because it gives me something tangible and immediately brings me back to a certain moment in time.  All art does that for me in some sort of fashion but nothing as strong as an actual piece that you can pick up and hold in your hands.

It is always fun to sketch these drawings on site at shows and have an audience watching and commenting.  It is actually pretty exciting.  I am trying to find time and finances to start attending more shows.  It is a great way to stay focused on art and to expand your overall perspective on the subject.  You always comes back from a good show with tons of ideas and lots of energy.  Something about the collaboration with other artist is most invaluable.  I not only recommend it,  I swear by it.  If you feel yourself getting stuck in a rut then attend a show or at the very least go to your local comic shop and get some geek talk in.  You'll be glad that you did.

So be on the lookout for more scribbles by yours truly and let me know what characters you would like to see and I will try to squeeze them in here and there.  I mainly enjoy drawing Marvel and some DC but anything goes except demons and people who punch puppies.  That I simply cannot allow! :)

Thanks for watching!

To support the Blackstone comic please visit my Patreon Page at :



Robert A. Marzullo



No comments:

Post a Comment