Thursday, May 19, 2016

Digital Painting in Manga Studio 5 EX / Clip Studio Paint Pro - Lesson 1 by Robert A. Marzullo


Here is Lesson 1 of 6 in my course on Digital Painting in Manga Studio 5 EX / Clip Studio Paint Pro.  I begin this course with basic elements and work up to full landscapes and finally a character design.  This way by the end of this course you will have a full understanding of how to paint everything that goes into a scene and also how to break things down into easier to understand components.  Each lesson in this course will be $5 but some will range from 45 minutes up to couple of hours long.  So this will be packed with lots of great information about the program and it capabilities.  If you have any questions you can reach out to me at rob@robertmarzullo.com and I will gladly answer your questions for supporting my courses.  This is also streamable in full HD so you can clearly see all of the things that I am doing in this program.  

In this lesson we will create the rock formation that you see above.  We start by creating the shape and then add in digital paint effects over top with layers and blending modes.  I show you how the various brushes can be used and how the blending modes work with the brushes as well.  This first video is a basic approach but it can be used for all sorts of conceptual elements when painting.

Keep in mind I am using Manga Studio 5 EX and I am also using a Wacom Cintiq  to create this artwork.  You can use any tablet you prefer but I want you to be aware of my setup.  You also get a high resolution copy of the artwork from each course and any custom brushes I make during this production.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the course!


Robert A. Marzullo
Ram Studios Comics


No comments:

Post a Comment